Blog Entry 1

Hello all! Welcome to my blog on the Grimm Brothers and the Disney versions of the tales. To start off I would like to explain why I chose this course as my freshman seminar. I was flipping through the packet that came in the beginning of the summer, trying to see if anything stuck out to me. I have to be totally honest, I wasn't completely thrilled to be picking a course, I was in denial that I was leaving for college in a few months. I was finally able to sit down with my parents and sort through the courses that seemed more interesting than others. I narrowed down my decision to two courses that seemed interesting. One was in my field of study, English, and the other was Grimm to Disney. I had heard over and over that your freshmen seminar should be something that you're interested in, something fun, something that could spread your horizons. I knew that Grimm to Disney would probably be the course for me. A course that I could learn something completely new in.

In this seminar I am hoping to become a better writer and student. I want to be able to write more fluently on a subject that is new and not familiar. I want to become a better student and this seminar can help with getting me to that point. I might think that this is my "easy" class but I have learned that I need to be on top of my game at all times.

My favorite fairytale is "Beauty and the Beast". I absolutely love this movie. I can remember watching it as a young girl and singing all the songs along with my brothers. I love how Belle is independent and strong. I just find it to be such a magical movie that shows talking furniture and a beast who falls in love with a human. 
Image result for beauty and the beast

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

"Cupid and Psyche" comparison to "The Frog King"

Snow White